Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Content Must Change

So I was thinking about starting a second blog, so I could keep the baseball and ordinary stuff separate, but then I realized that I am a loser and do not have much of a life aside from my constant obsessions over baseball. So, I guess it has to stay the same, or otherwise I'd fall into that typical diary trap: "This morning I woke up before my alarm and did not want to get up, as usual," lose interest, and eventually drift out of the blogosphere, which may not be a great loss seeing as it has no idea that I exist. To some part and purpose, this is all right with me, because I'm one of those sensitive types that worry about what people are thinking of them and if they're secretly thinking, "Good grief that person is so DULL!" So, yeah. If you've found your way here, feel free to stick around. If you haven't, then I want your powers, so I can also read random content out on the 'Net without actually having it on my screen. Rapid informational osmosis and overload.

Well. Now that baseball season is over (SOB! SOB!) the only thing I can post about in regards to it is periodic updates on hot stove wheeling and dealing and which free agents end up with which new teams. There's a good class this year, including some of my favorites, and it'll be interesting to see which ones end up with a change of address.

Otherwise I may (horrors!) have to start writing about my ordinary life, which is far from fascinating. Or I could use the time that I spend online (which is an ungodly amount) to actually do some conference work. I have three big-time papers due at the end of semester, and although that isn't here yet, I definitely need to up the ante. I started working on my fiction project, because that's something that I can do for fun and doesn't feel like homework. Speaking of homework, I should be reading a chapter now before class at 3:30, but I've got time. I'm such a lazy ass.

When I get all my conference projects finished, glory be the day, I'll post .PDFs of them here, if you're really interested in learning about what I was studying all semester. They'll be a history paper about the island of Iona, a philosophy paper about the ontological proof and its dissenters, and a fiction work consisting of four novellas. Read if thou desirest.

My sister and parents are going to be here on Friday through Sunday for SLC's Family Weekend. We're going to rendezvous and go out to dinner on Friday, I'll take them to my new hometown Bronxville on Saturday, and we're going to take the train into the city and go to the Museum of Modern Art and the NYC Public Library on Sunday. To say that I am excited would be to understate it massively.

My sister is going to be sleeping in my dorm and I haven't seen her for 10 weeks, which is 8 weeks longer than we've ever been apart before. I know that she's chomping at the bit to see me and my parents just want to know where I am and how I've situated myself in my new life away from home. Wow. Feels weird to think that, but after all, I am at college and no longer living with them except for a month at winter break and three months over the summer.

Speaking of which, next summer is going to rock so much. Harry Potter book #7, movie #5, Pirates of the Caribbean #3, and baseball, baseball, baseball. Gaah. Must keep focus. Surprisingly enough, I am actually eager to get home and work, if only because money is a highly desired commodity for a college student with a coffee addiction and susceptible to purchasing assorted celebratory T-shirts for her beloved Cardinals online, not to mention a new iPod for the one that broke, and an iPod for her sister's that broke, and assorted other things... yeah. I didn't exactly think that my boss at the coffee shop where I used to and probably will work again was wonderful - he kinda pissed me off on certain occasions - but I will gladly put up with him over break for $8 an hour.

Nothing else to say for the moment. <3 days until I see my sister/mom/dad. EEEEE...!

No comments: