Friday, October 26, 2007

I submit my resignation

from Purple Row, this blog, and associated other mediums, at least for the next few days. I just cannot do this anymore. After struggling with depression over the summer, I managed to boot it when I went back to school, but it's coming back now with a vengeance (before the Series started, I might add) and I just have zero emotional energy to spare for the arguing, attacking, wrangling, weaving rollercoaster that this is putting me through.

It's sucked all the life out of something (Rockies baseball) that I love more than just about anything, and I have other things that need to be dealt with instead. Staying in bed until 3pm because I have no desire to get up, always feeling tired, depression, loneliness, homesickness, et all are the tip of the iceberg and that's all I really care to say because I'm tired of fighting about that as well. Tired of hearing that something I'm passionate about is somehow inferior, wrong, twisted, broken, not up to par, etc. Nothing against you all, but it's time for me to step back. I may watch the games, I don't know that I'll post. Happy trails.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aw. hey, just remember, the rockies were the best team in the NL this year and noone can take that away from them. To think theyd make it this far at the beginning of the year is more than anyone couldv asked for.
feeel betterrr

Unknown said...

Hey, I was one of the anonymous posters earlier, and I'd just like to extend my apologies. Sometimes I like to mess around with other baseball fans on the web, and obviously I don't always think it through or even check to see who is writing and what that person is all about. Is this hobby pathetic? You better believe it, and I fully admit that it is. I'm used to being able to mess around with baseball fans and hound them about their teams, and I didn't give it a second thought. I should have.

It sounds like you have a lot of other stuff going on, too, and I hope you're keeping your chin up. Baseball is baseball, and as big of a fan as I am (and I am a huge fan), it is very inconsequential in the scheme of things. I know that's easy for me to say at the moment, but I can tell you right now, for what it's worth, that I went through the same hell least year, when my Tigers crapped the bed against the Cardinals. I've been a Tigers fan since I was in diapers, and throwing away those games felt like a punch in the gut. Also for what it's worth, the way it upset me dug up a whole bunch of other stuff, and I was real irritable. Ugh.

Anyway, sorry about getting on your case. I know it might have seemed nasty, but I just meant to have a little fun with you. I will certainly be more careful next time.

Take care-