Sunday, September 24, 2006

Well, Feh.

Despite all my yelling and shrieking, the A's did not, in fact, clinch their division today with a win over the hated LAAAAAAAAAA at home. However, I do still think that it will happen, as they are still 6 games up with a magic number of two and will next play the Seattle Mariners for three games before heading to Wahnaheim for a four-game closing set. Holy crap... this is the last week of the regular season. Where does time go?!

The A's own the Mariners, so the deed will get done soon. However, I'd appreciate it if they'd stitch things up so they can go into Anaheim and play four totally meaningless games. They can rest their regulars, organize their rotation for the playoffs, and not care if they lose all four, while the LAAAAAAAA have nothing to look forward to except a really nice golf course.

However, I am still going to buy my A's 2006 AL West Champions shirt as soon as it comes out. So, if they'd oblige me and seal the deal so that shop.mlb.com can offer up the necessities, I'd be much indebted.

I should probably go and work on Section Two of Feuerbach's Essence of Christianity now. It's conference work for my philosophy class. At Sarah Lawrence, instead of finals, you do a "conference" or end-of-term project (usually a research paper) that takes some topic you've studied throughout the semester and develops it at length. Serious length - usually about 20 pages. So, for philosophy, I am studying Descartes' proof of God's existence and Feuerbach's rebuttal of it. Not sure yet how that's going to develop into a full-fledged paper, but I've got time.

My next post will not be until the Oakland Athletics are your 2006 American League West Division Champions. So, take that under advisement.

No comments: